I’m so excited for Thanksgiving, although I’m not a very good cook, I always attempt to make the perfect pumpkin pie and I always end up eating the entire pie whether it’s good or not. What can be better than not-so-fabulous pumpkin pie and the James Bond marathon, I think nothing. Today I’m sharing this crazy simple project that has a bit of GLITTER and GOLD to go perfectly with your FALL DECOR.
Gold metallic spray paint
Finishing craft glue
Crappy piece of wood
A bit of lace and a few nails
1. Prime the letters and allow paint to dry completely
2. Spray paint letters with metallic gold paint and immediately sprinkle/pour/cover the wooden letters, with gold glitter. I moved my letters to a new surface before adding the glitter. This way the glitter would only stick to the newly spray painted letters and not the area around the letters that may have gotten some overspray. This just helps save a bit of the glitter
3. Tap off excess glitter and let piece dry
4. Apply a clear top coat, the glue I used was called ‘Glue and Seal’ and can usually be found right next to the glitter. This top coat keeps the glitter in place and prevents those tiny specks of glitter getting all over the place when the piece is moved around.
5. Once dry, nail letters to your crappy old board, if you aren’t a collector of junky wood, just buy a new board and distress it, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you hit any road blocks in this area. I nailed my letters on with a nail gun but a regular old hammer will do just fine too.
That’s easy enough right, I hope you make this Thanksgiving one to remember and enjoy some pie for me while your at it!
P.S Do you think my neighbor would notice some boards missing from this structure? I could use them for more signs or a table or bench.